Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tubes Update!

I want to start by thanking everyone for your prayers. God is truly amazing and he has truly blessed our lives. We had to be at the hospital this morning at 5:45. I worried all night that I would have to hand off my crying baby to a stranger and that she would be inconsolable after the surgery. All my prayers were answered today though. I went back to the holding room (7:00 am) with her & the anesthesiologist was the one that I had when I had Lexi. She was really tired & hungry so I knew she was going to throw a fit when I had to give her to the nurse. However, she did amazing, She didn't fuss or wine at all when I gave her to the nurse. I did a pretty darn good job, too! By the time I got back to our room from the holding room the nurse called (7:05) and said Dr. Cosby had just started and everything was going good. About ten minutes later (7:15) Dr. Cosby called and said everything went well. Within 5 minutes the nurse from the holding room said she was waking up and they would be bringing her back in 5-7 minutes. She was back in my arms drinking her bottle by 7:35! The only time she really every fussed is when they tried to take her blood pressure. The nurse was extremely impressed. We walked out the hospital at 8:25! I can already see a difference in her. You can tell she can hear better. She is happy and been playing since we got home.

1 comments:

Samantha said...

I am so glad the day went well for you guys!